Position available through UCSD Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UCSD experience and get your foot in the door for career positions. TES employment includes medical coverage, paid vacation & sick time, paid holidays, as well as training and development opportunities!
TES has current openings for Events Coordinators, Project / Marketing Specialists, and Executive Assistants. Most positions are full-time, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, although part-time positions are sometimes available.
Executive Assistant prospects will provide executive-level administrative support for University leadership, manage extremely complex calendars for multiple executives, coordinate domestic and international travel, track expenses and process reimbursements. The incumbent will also coordinate high-profile meetings and prepare meeting materials. Utilize tact, diplomacy, and discretion on a variety of complex and sensitive issues. Independently coordinate, manage and analyze all aspects of assigned projects. Will serve as a key resource in the office, interacting with faculty, staff, students, and community and governmental organizations.
Events Coordinator prospects will be responsible for the development, implementation, organization, planning, and execution of logistics for meetings and events. This may include corporate meetings as well as marketing-related events, seminars, and receptions. Will provide concierge-level service to internal stakeholders including department and corporate leadership, board members, faculty, physicians, and other senior staff. Proactively anticipate needs, set priorities, problem solve, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
TES also provides staffing coverage for a wide variety of higher-level positions in administration and business/program operations. Payroll titles can range from Admin Assistant III – Sr. Admin Analyst and assignments are typically long-term on a full-time schedule. Candidates interested in being considered for potential future openings should submit their applications to this job posting.
• Experience managing multiple complex calendars for executives.
• Proven experience with domestic and international travel arrangements, including coordinating with travel agencies to fulfill required travel agendas, researching and utilizing most effective and economical options, and coordinating reimbursement procedures.
• Extensive experience in the planning, coordination, and execution of various types and sizes of meetings and events, including demonstrated skill and experience in working within a budget; negotiating with vendors and service providers to secure venues and catering options.
• Excellent project management skills, including the ability to set project objectives, identify and address issues, identify required resources, identify process steps and milestones, and adjust action plans to achieve desired outcomes.
• Strong composition, editing, and proofreading skills to review copy for appropriate style, consistency, format, completeness, and accuracy. Skills to clearly and accurately express substance and nuance in both written and oral communications.
• Proven high-level organizational skills, ability to multi-task, extremely strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and follow through on assignments in a timely, proactive, and responsive manner.
• Ability to develop user-friendly computerized reports (fiscal, event evaluation, internal forms) for management and faculty.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, and various email, database and desktop publishing programs. Proven typing/word processing skills to prepare correspondence, reports, and spreadsheets.
Background check required