This is a contract appointment may be extended or converted to career status based on the needs of the department.
UC San Diego Policy will not allow this position to receive work visa sponsorship.
Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on background check results.
We are a dynamic organization looking for our next great hire to join our team in La Jolla, California. UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. UCSD IT embraces the fun, agility and innovation of a startup culture while enjoying the security of having technology already deployed with a large and rapidly growing customer base. This is a rare chance to take your career to the next level in one of today's hottest tech industries.
Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability
We are looking for a talented Information Services Analyst to join our team to deliver world class systems to the University environment. We are completely revamping our application platforms, services, and systems; migrating and building for the cloud, COTS, SaaS and PaaS solutions; and implementing and designing for the future. You have talent and desire to apply advanced IT concepts and objectives to large scale projects of broad scope and complexity; including researching, designing, developing/integrating, modifying, testing, debugging, troubleshooting and maintaining source code/vendor products.
Also having direct involvement in designing related databases, user interfaces, integration to other systems/applications, content or multimedia processes. Collaborate with stakeholders, customers, process owners and ITS colleagues to define and execute strategically aligned project plans. Establish and promote software development, integration, SDLC, and IT standards.
- Applies advanced IT professional concepts and campus/medical center/OP objectives to resolve highly complex issues in one or more IT areas of specialization where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Recommends and may select methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results. * Serves as a Software Integration and Operations engineer applying advanced IT professional concepts and campus objectives to address highly complex business process needs.
- Collaborates with advises business process owners on product selection.
- Utilizing advanced information systems and data warehouse expertise, leads implementation and integration efforts for selected campus/vendor/cloud hosted commercial systems ensuring appropriate data management and security.
- Manages business software operations, and serves as database administrator. Maintains, supports, and enhances software applications, reports, and services.
- In-depth knowledge of various areas of IT. Broad knowledge of the IT environment.
- Advanced skills associated with programming design, modification and implementation. Advanced knowledge of secure software development. Demonstrated ability to create software specifications.
- Thorough knowledge, skills and abilities associated with system problem identification and resolution. Knowledge necessary to design, set up, operate and correct malfunctions involving technology systems. Experience in incident response and digital forensics, including data collection, examination and analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of supporting complex departmental reporting and data discovery needs using technology such as SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau, Crystal Reports.
- Demonstrated experience with database administration. Advanced knowledge of database management systems and standards. Knowledge relating to highly complex database system design. Advanced database querying and modeling skills working with moderately complex databases.
- Knowledge of conceptual database design. Skills necessary to develop procedures and standards relating to database management systems. Skills associated with implementing database enhancements that improve performance and reliability of the system at the software, hardware and operating system level.
- A Bachelor's Degree in related area; and/or equivalent experience/training.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce.
This position is eligible for full:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- UC Retirement Plan.
For more information about UCSD Benefits and Work/Life.
To calculate an approximate value of the UC Total Compensation package, please click here.
Employee must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Employee must be available to travel as required.
Job offer is contingent on clear background check.