UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 03/21/2018 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
This position will remain open until a successful candidate has been identified.
UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the “gold standard” for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical quality results. UC San Diego Health has held its Magnet status since 2011.
Under general supervision, the Care Manager is responsible for facilitating the patient's hospitalization from pre-admission through discharge. The Care Manager coordinates with physicians, nurses, social workers and other healthcare providers to expedite medically appropriate cost effective care. The care manager applies clinical expertise and medical appropriateness criteria to resource utilization and discharge planning. The case manager will communicate with administration and the healthcare team as needed to facilitate patient care.
While not required, a cover letter is highly recommended when applying to this position.
- A professional Degree in related Healthcare discipline.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license issued by the State of California.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- Prior case management experience in large, acute care Hospital.
- Utilization review/discharge planning experience.
- Proficiency in Information Systems, databases, and computer programs including MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Fast and accurate typing and data entry skills.
- Knowledge of payer industry, resource management, reimbursement, and evidence-based clinical practice is essential.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, leadership, negotiation skills, and knowledge of hospital operations.
- Skilled in conflict management and resolution.
- Three to five (3-5) years clinical experience or in an acute care setting.
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience
- BSN - MSN.
- ACM and/or CCM certificate.
- Experience with Epic, Midas, ECIN, Interqual.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.