UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the “gold standard” for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical quality results. UC San Diego Health has held its Magnet status since 2011.
The Jacob’s 3GH ICU specializes in general surgery and oncology. In addition, we care for a variety of patients that include BMT, cancer related surgeries, pulmonary, and sepsis patients.
Autonomous nursing care is the ability of a nurse to assess and provide nursing actions as appropriate for patient care populations based on competence, professional expertise, and knowledge. The nurse is expected to practice autonomously consistent with ANA Standards of Practice and Professional Performance. Independent judgment is expected to be exercised within the context of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches to patient care.
While not required, a cover letter is highly recommended when applying to this position.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Must possess a valid California RN license.
- BART or BLS/CPR certification at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
- ART or ACLS certification at time of hire with commitment to get ART within six (6) months of hire date.
- Must have at least six (6) months of recent acute care RN experience in adult ICU.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- RN experience in critical care PCU, IMU, surgical ICU, oncology and/or abdominal transplant.
- Experience with liver and kidney transplant patients.
- Experience with medical or surgical oncology patients.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.