UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 6/16/17 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the “gold standard” for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical quality results. UC San Diego Health has held its Magnet status since 2011.
Autonomous nursing care is the ability of a nurse to assess and provide nursing actions as appropriate for patient care populations based on competence, professional expertise, and knowledge. The nurse is expected to practice autonomously consistent with ANA Standards of Practice and Professional Performance. Independent judgment is expected to be exercised within the context of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches to patient care. All performance expectations associated with this position are performed at the PRACTITIONER Level.
The 4th floor of Jacobs Medical Center is a 36 bed Surgical Progressive Care Unit specializing in Advanced Surgical Procedures, Oncology related surgeries and Abdominal Transplant.
- RN License issued by the State of California.
- ART or ACLS certification at time of hire with commitment to get ART within 6 months of hire date.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- One (1) or more years of recent RN experience in acute care med-surg, telemetry or IMU.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience with liver and kidney transplant or surgical oncology patients.
- PCCN, OCN, Med/Surg, CCRN Certifications.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and various locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center's business needs.
- Selected candidate may be hired at the CNIII level pending review and approval by the Nurse Executive Council.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.