This position will remain open until filled.
UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the “gold standard” for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical quality results. UC San Diego Health has held its Magnet status since 2011.
Under general supervision, identifies and implements nursing interventions and evaluated results for a wide variety of patient populations. Directs and acts as resource to other members of the nursing team as assigned. Promotes compliance and support of policies. Achieves trust in professional collegial relationships.
While not required, a cover letter is highly recommended when applying to this position.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current California RN license.
- BLS/CPR and ACLS certification at time of hire with commitment to get ART within six months of hire date.
- PALS certification.
- Experienced Emergency RNs only.
- Minimum of one to two years of Emergency Room RN experience (within the past two years).
- Proven nursing clinical skills to identify and implement nursing interventions and evaluate results for Emergency Room patients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work within a busy team environment.
- Relevant specialty certification (e.g. CEN, TNCC, etc.).
- Must be able to work in both Emergency Departments (Hillcrest and La Jolla) as needed.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center's business needs.
- Selected candidate may be hired at the CNIII level pending review and approval by the Nurse Executive Council.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.