Position available through UCSD Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UCSD experience and get your foot in the door for career positions. TES employment includes medical coverage, paid vacation & sick time, paid holidays, as well as training and development opportunities!
UC San Diego has a consistent need for talented Executive Assistants to support leadership across the University to include the areas of Academic/Student Affairs, Health, Operations, Financial Services, Communications, Research, Advancement, etc. Primary responsibilities will include managing extremely complex calendars for multiple senior executives, coordinating domestic and international travel, tracking expenses, and processing reimbursements. The EA will also coordinate high-profile meetings and prepare meeting materials. Will serve as a key resource to their department, interacting with senior leaders, faculty, staff, students, and community and governmental organizations.
Additional duties may include event planning/coordination, as well as donor and industry relations.
Full responsibilities and pay will vary depending on the level and classification of the position.
Pay ranges will typically be in the $23 - $28 /hour range though higher paying positions may sometimes be available.
Assignments typically run for approximately 3 - 6 months.
Temporary positions may lead to long term career opportunities.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple complex calendars for executives.
• Extensive experience in the planning, coordination, and execution of various types and sizes of meetings and events, including skill and experience in working within a budget; negotiating with vendors and service providers to secure venues and catering options.
• Strong experience with domestic and international travel arrangements, including coordinating with travel agencies to fulfill required travel agendas, researching and utilizing most effective and economical options, and coordinating reimbursement procedures.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, and various email, database and desktop publishing programs. Proven typing/word processing skills to prepare correspondence, reports, and spreadsheets.
• Proven high-level organizational skills, ability to multitask, extremely strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and follow through on assignments in a timely, proactive, and responsive manner.
A background check is required.