Position available through UCSD Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UCSD experience and get your foot in the door for career positions. TES employment includes medical coverage, paid vacation & sick time, paid holidays, as well as training and development opportunities!
TES has current openings for entry-level administrative to advanced level administrative applicants. Skill requirements vary by position.
Typical duties for applicants with general office support are as follows:
Receptionist: answer phones, respond to emails, and greet guests. Photocopy, file, and scan sensitive departmental documents. Heavy data entry and maintaining spreadsheets. Scheduling basic appointments and managing shared calendars. Maintain and order office supplies
Customer service. Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Responsibilities for applicants with advanced level administrative and executive support skills are as follows: Use of independent judgment to determine best resources and most effective tools to resolve administrative and operational problems. Provide direct administrative support for various supervisors. Manage complex calendars: responsible for making decisions related to planning and implementation of meetings, special events, and travel. Make travel arrangements: liaison with travel agency, hotel, airlines etc. and process reimbursement requests. Process various fiscal transactions. Drafting correspondence and reports. Coordination of event & program details, transportation, accommodations, activities, reserving room space and catering for scheduled events. Other duties special projects as assigned
Positions pay $19.55 to $23.14 per hour, based upon skill level, experience in the field, and assignments available. Most positions are full-time, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, although part-time positions are sometimes available.
Solid communication skills and ability to communicate professionally and effectively with a diverse population of all levels of organization in person, over the phone and in writing.
Ability to work in an interactive environment and possess excellent customer service skills both in person and over phone.
Proficiency with MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, and various email, database and desktop publishing programs.
Proven typing/word processing skills to prepare correspondence, reports, and spreadsheets.
Must have strong organizational skills with ability to set priorities, handle deadlines, and manage conflicting demands.
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, establish priorities, follow through on tasks to completion, and meet deadlines in an environment of multiple interruptions and changing priorities while maintaining a high degree of judgment and clarity.
- Proven experience providing senior-level administrative support and managing general office needs.
- Manage complex calendars, schedule meetings and appointments; executing, coordinating, and managing event planning for programs, special events, meetings and receptions.
- Strong ability to manage and optimize the use of multiple databases with extreme attention to detail.
- Experience analyzing and identifying problems, independently resolve discrepancies with ability to recommend solutions, effectively participate in short and long term planning for administrative needs of unit.
- Proven experience monitoring department budgets, including expenditures and purchasing.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze financial data.
- Experience utilizing UCSD business systems (e.g., IFIS, PPS, FinancialLink, MyTravel, MyEvents, MyPayments, EmployeeLink, and/or Marketplace).
A background check is required.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.