Position available through UCSD Temporary Employment Services (TES). Employment through TES is an excellent way to gain valuable UCSD experience and get your foot in the door for career positions. TES employment includes medical coverage, paid vacation & sick time, paid holidays, as well as training and development opportunities!
Temporary Employment Services (TES) currently has openings for candidates with cleaning experience to work at UC Medical Centers. TES offers a variety of assignments, and an excellent benefits package, as well as opportunities for skill enhancement and exposure to career opportunities at UCSD. Medical Center Custodians will:
- Perform cleaning duties in assigned areas of a medical facility in both patient and non-patient areas, including but not limited to: mopping, pushing and pulling carts, wall washing, vent cleaning, vacuuming, etc.
- Determine supplies needed and efficient usage of supplies
- Deliver clean linen and pick up soiled linen
- Prior custodial experience in a large, complex healthcare setting or hospitality environment.
- Possess basic computer skills; knowledge of accessing online resources and training.
- Must be able to start working immediately after employment offer.
- Must be willing to work with hospital patients.
- Must be willing to work 40 hours/week, on a varied schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.