This posting shall remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 04/24/19 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 05/03/19. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Under direction of Pathologists, Manager and Supervisor, performs technical procedures within the histology laboratory section of Pathology Laboratory, including tissue accessioning & tracking, tissue processing, tissue embedding, microtomy and staining (routine and special), immunofluorescence, equipment preventive maintenance, quality control, etc. May assist with technical procedures within the Electron Microscopy. Cross-trained in Immunohistochemistry lab section. Assists with inventory, supplies, data gathering/reports, slide & FFPE block filing/retrieval, clerical, telephone and communication with laboratory customers, Pathologists, residents and others. Team player a must!
- Histotechnician or Histotechnology certification by A.S.C.P.
- Previous experience in an academic hospital setting.
- Special stains experience.
- Trouble shooting histology equipment experience.
- Immunohistochemical staining experience.
- Experience in a high volume lab.
- Experience with Ventana Benchmark Special Stainer or Ultra, Sakura VIP and Leica Peloris tissue processors.
- Experience with hospital LIS, Outlook, and tracking software.
- Must be able to work all shifts, week-ends, overtime, and at various locations as necessary in accordance with operational needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.