UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 01/16/2019 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 01/25/2019. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Under direct supervision, distributes clean linen to all departments in need of linen. Folds and consolidates clean linen. Orders and stamps clean linen. Maintains log and records for distribution of new linen into the system. Receives and distributes lab coats for Medical Staff. Maintain Linen Room is in clean order. Loads soiled linen into carts. Wear protective clothing as required. Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate orally in English.
- Must be able to write legibly and compute basic addition and subtraction.
- Prior experience working in environmental service/linen department plus experience with vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, and general cleaning procedures in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of acceptable practices/procedures under Title 22 - State of California, Cleanliness of laundry.
- Must wear protective clothing as required.
- Possible exposure to infectious linen will result in employee being required to shower and change uniform before leaving Medical Center.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.