Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 12/18/2018. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
This position will remain open until filled.
Involves the development and implementation of the organization's information systems and tools that are applied to clinical information. Works closely with clinicians across all hospital/ healthcare departments to optimize effective use of systems. Coordinates analytical support for health management, including profiling, health economics, and business analytics/performance metrics.
Defines systems and applications to support various functions. May provide customer service, troubleshooting and maintenance. Applies advanced professional clinical informatics concepts and extensive knowledge of industry practices to projects of all levels of scope and complexity.
Required to be certified in assigned EMR vendor's product/module within the first six (6) months of employment.
Must satisfy all vendor testing requirements to be certified without needing to attend vendors training a second time for the same class.
A Bachelor's degree in healthcare information technology, computer science, or related area; and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
Five (5+) or more years of relevant experience - working with clinical information systems and developing reports.
Professional experience and proven success performing clinical workflows, user interface optimization, clinical decision support, rules development, data integration and mining, clinical ontologies and adoption of technology.
Excellent project management skills. Ability to working a group setting and group projects
Solid interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects independently, setting priorities to meet deadlines.
Strong verbal, written communication skills, presentation and report writing.
- EPIC certifications (application, reporting, etc).
- EPIC Reporting workbench and Radar Certification.
- Advanced level experience with database management and various third-party report building tools such as Crystal Reports, Cognos, SAS, and others.
- Experience in a large, complex healthcare environment.
- Intermediate level capabilities with MS Access and MSSQL server and related technologies.
- Knowledge and intermediate level experience working with Transact SQL, Tableau, Crystal Reports 11, OLAP structures and/or other related technologies.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in the MS office suite.
- Knowledge and experience of database management technologies.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.