This is a UC San Diego Internal Recruitment open to UCSD and UCSD Health System Staff Only
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 12/11/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under direction of Department leadership, the Psychiatry Clinic Manager oversees the practice management of assigned unit(s). The Clinic Manager has broad and independent responsibilities for planning, developing and managing administrative and programmatic operations as well as full fiscal oversight to include revenue management of enhancement, authorization procedures, provider RVU production and session productivity to maximize efficiencies and economies of scales. Serves in conjunction with site medical directors, coordinating agenda and outcomes. Analyze all area of clinic operations, conduct all aspects of personnel management to include recruitment, performance management, training, compensation oversight, and labor relations issues. Oversees all TJC requirements and CQI projects throughout the department. Assures accurate timekeeping and payroll for all departmental employees. Incumbent will work with independence in applying clinical and business judgment, management concepts and provide counseling to all site clinic faculty, operations manager and staff on daily operational issues.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years managerial experience.
- Psychiatry population experience.
- Works well with multiple sites and relationship with clinics within a team.
- Master's degree or higher a combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years managerial experience.
- Lead Management in a Psychiatry Clinic.
- Experience with integration of effort with the Health Systems and the academic setting.
- Experience as lead in the setting up of new programs including provider support and operational tasks.
- Timekeeping Management experience.
- Experience with Telemedicine and tele-mental health administration.
- Experience with acute and chronic mental health populations.
- BLS Certification.
- Crisis Prevention Intervention Certification (CPI).
- Experience with contracts and different funding streams.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.