This is a UC San Diego Internal Recruitment open to UCSD and UCSD Health System Staff Only
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 12/11/17 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
The Administrative Specialist for Information Services manages projects that impact the Information Services Department. Position acts as a confidential liaison between the Directors and other Health Sciences & Health System leaders as well as affiliated institution administrators throughout the UC System. Position prepares data and analysis for Directors as required. Position exercises independent judgment and effectively deals with issues that are sensitive and/or confidential in nature. Position will manage multiple projects simultaneously and will assist the department and Directors with time management as well as meeting and project preparation. Position will also independently prepare complex and confidential presentations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience providing analytical and administrative support in a large, complex organization.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data.
- Experience must include preparing complex and confidential presentations.
- Must have excellent skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Must have experience and the ability to: research and analyze data, anticipate future needs (be proactive), and ensure effective communication with key stakeholders and clients.
- Prepare complex & confidential presentations.
- Support executive correspondence.
- Represent the executive and department to the whole organization.
- Handle and resolve issues/questions in a timely and effective manner.
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent written/verbal interpersonal skills to interface with medical leaders and faculty at large.
- Service oriented skill set with a strong and time sensitive follow-through.
- Able to use good judgment in escalating issues or handling confidential information.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.