The Director of Client Services is responsible for leading the UC San Diego Health and UC Irvine Health Client Services Team. These teams consist of the Field Services Support, Service Desk, ServiceNow and the Enterprise Workstation Team. The Director is responsible for managing day to day operational activities, as well as long term projects and technical initiatives. Responsibilities include mentoring and managing team members, human resources and managing operational and capital budgets. This position will require a highly motivated team member capable of managing operations and fostering productive relationships with customers in clinical operations as well as the school of medicine. The Director is responsible for defining and evangelizing the future of support services as well as client side technologies that will be deployed to both UC San Diego Health and UC Irvine Health.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- Seven (7) or more years of relevant experience with progressive management responsibilities
- Experience in and demonstrated knowledge of the business/technical support function and working knowledge of other areas of IT sufficient for strategic planning, technology assessment and direction
- Healthcare Experience
- Strong technical background
- Knowledge of ITIL (v3) methodologies and processes
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow Incident, Change and Reporting Modules
- Experience managing large enterprise active directory environments
- High level understanding of Server/Network/Telecom ecosystems
- Experience managing a service desk or call center environment
- Experience managing large teams
- Demonstrates technical skills associated with identifying and resolving problems reported with desktop, laptop, and networked systems
- Demonstrates interpersonal and management skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate highly technical information in a clear and concise manner to both technical and nontechnical personnel
- Demonstrates experience in the management of ongoing technology infrastructure acquisition and expansion, to include the identification and integration of suitable emerging technologies
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.