UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 11/15/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under the direction of the Administrative Director, Women and Infants Service line, the Program Manager is responsible for providing management and supervision support for UC San Diego Health's Mom and Baby Services Program.
Services include but are not limited to the breast pump rental program, outpatient lactation, and women's health events, tours, and education. The Program Manager may also provide assistance and support on other programs as needed.
The Mom and Baby Services Program Manager will develop, implement, and manage all services included in the program and identify new opportunities to improve the patient's experience; the day to day functions of the program's services and will also identify appropriate metrics to track impact of overall program on patient satisfaction and the health system with routine reporting to service line and health system leadership. The program manager will assist in procedure and policy development, budget preparation, and financials for program.
The Program Manager will supervise program staff and affiliated or contract staff to ensure well-coordinated and integrated services. This will include the review, confirmation and endorsement of staff personnel actions including recruitment, job descriptions, classifications, equity increases, salary offers, oversight of registration activities, and invoice processing. The manager will be an active participant in all components of the program including the provision of tours to patients. Some weekends and evenings required.
- A Bachelor's Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of prior experience in program management including financial management and budget development.
- Demonstrated experience in presenting ideas to leadership.
- Microsoft Office experience including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and/or in a team framework in conjunction with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to the university.
- Prior experience working in a women’s health program.
- Three (3+) or more years of experience in ambulatory clinic operations.
- Prior experience developing and managing a DME (durable medical equipment) rental program including checking daily par levels, maintaining databases of rentals, fair market assessments, developing and auditing rental agreements, and developing processes for the distribution, return, and cleaning of inventory.
- Prior experience at an academic medical center.
- Demonstrated knowledge of University policy and procedures.
- Masters or certificate program for continued learning within related field.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Must be able to work various hours & locations based on business needs.
- Some weekends and evenings required.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.