This is a UC San Diego Internal Recruitment open to UCSD and UCSD Health System Staff Only
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 08/16/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under direct supervision of the clinic manager, and general supervision of the clinic providers/licensed nursing staff, responsible for medical assistant functions in the Cardiovascular Clinics. Duties include rooming patients with accurate medication lists and vital signs, maintaining clinic environment to TJC standards, patient phone calls, procedure scheduling, wound care, and ECGs. Floats to other locations as needed. Performs equipment/supply management and cleaning/disinfecting of the clinical environment. Provides back office support for cardiology departments, and other services as required.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) OR Certificate of completion of a Medical Assistant training program.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- Two (2) years of experience an MA in a large complex healthcare environment or clinic.
- Medical terminology training or certificate.
- Knowledge and experience in direct patient care and use of EMR.
- Experience with/knowledge of online scheduling, universal precautions, and proper use of body mechanics.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize demands and work in a team environment.
- Experienced with ECGs and wound care.
- Knowledge and working practice of TJC requirements.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Cardiology experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Call center experience.
- Authorizations and referrals experience.
- Reception experience.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.