UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 08/15/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under the supervision of the Patient Access Manager, is responsible for advanced registration, including insurance verification, benefits verification, pre-certification, notification, referrals and collecting patient liability in addition to interviewing patients and guarantors for information to screen for financial counseling. Demonstrates working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet applications and the Internet. Works closely with medical staff, nursing, ancillary departments, insurance payers and other external sources to assist families in obtaining healthcare and financial services. Responsible for the patient admission, registration and verification of insurance. Duties include establish medical record, obtain demographics, insurance payer notification, obtain authorization, account analysis, obtain primary care and referring physician information. Cash collection. Process patient identification/armband at the time of admission. Escort patient to room. Obtain all necessary admission forms per JACAHO requirements.
- Minimum three (3) years previous admissions/registration experience in a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Must have previous experience in insurance verification and registration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance verification, registration, third party payer, and medical terminology.
- Possesses superb customer service skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with the public, including patients, visitors, clinical and support staff.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, discriminating judgement and accountability.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be highly proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word).
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and various locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center's business needs.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.