UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 05/24/17 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Provides physical therapy treatments to a variety of diagnoses following therapy procedures, protocols and programs. Communicates effectively with primary therapist and works under general supervision. Assists with inventory control, clinic maintenance and organization. Completes required documentation and communicates patient information across the continuum of care. Provides physical therapy treatments to a variety of diagnoses following therapy procedures, protocols and programs. Communicates effectively with primary therapist and works under general supervision. Services to children, 0-21 years of age will be provided by a CCS paneled staff member. Services provided by a non CCS paneled staff member will be supervised by a CCS paneled staff member. Assists with inventory control, clinic maintenance and organization. Completes required documentation and communicates patient information across the continuum of care. Demonstrates competence in the UCSD Medical Center core values.
This position will be to assist with outpatient service delivery as well as inpatient service delivery (1 day/week).
- Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) license issued by the state of California.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- Experience working in a Hospital setting.
- Possesses the ability to treat patients, follow an established plan of care and perform various physical therapy treatments appropriate to acute care or hospital based outpatient settings.
- Ability to determine expected outcomes throughout the continuum of therapeutic intervention.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing and be able to articulate complex ideas for all levels of audiences.
- Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas; and a creative and flexible individual who is comfortable working in a large, complex organization.
- Possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, discriminating judgment and accountability.
- Relevant experience up to three (3) years.
- Inpatient/Outpatient acute hospital experience.
- Outpatient orthopedic experience.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. U.S. News and World Report’s annual "America’s Best Hospitals" report has repeatedly ranked UC San Diego Health as the #1 health system in San Diego. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html