UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 04/24/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under close supervision, the incumbent will work in the Eating Disorders Center. Areas of work responsibility include any of the following: food preparation, dishroom, storeroom, dining room bussing, equipment, delivery of food, and customer service. Responsible for providing food services in a courteous manner with co-workers, students, staff, faculty and guests. Communicates and coordinates positively with other areas of the unit regarding food preparation, customer service, equipment use, sanitation, security and safety. Follows Serv-Safe guidelines for food safety and sanitation. Keeps work area clean and orderly. Cleans equipment promptly and in a safe manner after using; keeps working areas, drawers, equipment and utensils clean and sanitary.
- Knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the position.
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
- Skill in organizing work and ability to follow basic sanitation requirements.
- Ability and willingness to follow health codes that require prescribed uniform, hair covering and good personal hygiene.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to absorb new information and build new skills in food handling, sanitation and safety.
- Formal Culinary Training or Culinary Degree.
- ServeSafe certificate.
- Valid food handler’s card.
- Experience working in a clinical or school food service operation.
- Familiarity with California health codes for food safety and preparation, kitchen leadership and/or ordering experience.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. U.S. News and World Report’s annual "America’s Best Hospitals" report has repeatedly ranked UC San Diego Health as the #1 health system in San Diego. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html