Qualified candidates will be placed into a talent pool for future consideration. If a short term or part time job opportunity opens that you are qualified for, you may be contacted.
Working under direct supervision, incumbent performs routine computerized tomography (CT) procedures for diagnostic purposes in accordance with established guidelines and CT protocols. Demonstrates and applies knowledge of principles of radiation safety. Prepares and positions patient for procedure by using established CT protocols to achieve the highest quality image. Follows protocols specified by the Radiologist. Administers contrast media orally or assists physician in intravenous administration. Enters complex data into the computer system. Reviews, verifies and evaluates images and radiographs to ensure technical quality and image quality. Performs other duties as assigned.
- California Radiology Technologist of Radiography (CRT-R.
- Registered Technologist for computed Tomography issued by ARRT (RT) (ARRT)).
- Must have Venipuncture certification.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six months of hire date.
- Recent experience in a similar role and setting or new graduate of an approved radiologic technology program.
- Knowledge of radiological computerized systems and applications
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing and be able to articulate complex ideas for all levels of audiences.
- Possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, discriminating judgment and accountability. .
- California Radiology Technologist of Fluoroscopy (CRT-F).
- Six (6) months experience.
- Hospital experience.
Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. U.S. News and World Report’s annual "America’s Best Hospitals" report has repeatedly ranked UC San Diego Health as the #1 health system in San Diego. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html