UC San Diego Policy will not allow this position to receive work visa sponsorship.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 02/22/17 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
The Field Support division ITS is responsible for providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support onsite and remotely to UCSD staff in administrative departments. Services include hardware, software, network connectivity and system configuration support to ensure connectivity and usability of business systems. Locations include UCSD main campus, Torrey Pines Centers, UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest Medical Center, Scripps Institute of Oceanography and Off Campus Housing.
Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self-funded, large and complex campus department consisting of 9 divisions, with more than 600 staff employees, 700-800 student employees and an annual operating budget of $140 million. HDH provides housing for approximately 15,000 undergraduates, grad students, faculty, staff and their families in over 400 buildings and approximately 5.3 million sq. ft.
The Business Support Technical Analyst will be a member of the Field Support team that is one of several groups within the IT Infrastructure Operations teams providing Mainframe, Data Center, Service Operations, Computing Infrastructure, Enterprise Network and Data Management services and support for the campus community.
This position’s primary role will be to provide on-site support to the Housing and Dining Services (HDH) staff on any IT related issues. The position will manage and coordinate the work of several student positions ensuring that all requests are handled in a timely manner adhering to published SLA’s. The position will be responsible for the efficiency, quality and completeness all work performed by the incumbent as well as the students.
HDH has one of the largest and most geographically distributed IT infrastructures on campus and manages all services under the Information Technology umbrella. The position services every HDH division, Residential Life Services and the UCSD Campus. These include HDH hardware and software systems HDH Network Security, 400 MHz Radio system, Triton CATV, administration of the Dining Dollars and Triton Cash Account programs, the FoodPro inventory control system, and the Point of Sales system, to name a few.
• This position will be providing direct support and will be located at the HDH Service Desk. Where this position will determine the nature of hardware and software difficulties.
• As part of the IT Support team and working with the HDH divisions, assist in developing rollout procedures for hardware and software to ensure a smooth implementation of new technologies.
• Applies professional business/technical support concepts to resolve hardware, software and networking issues of moderate scope and complexity for a broad range of applications where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Within defined procedures and practices, determines appropriate action.
• Incumbent will server on a multi-site team responsible for supporting over 2000 UCSD staff across multiple locations both on site and remotely.
• The incumbent will be responsible for hardware and software support and maintenance of all workstations. Duties include: Installation, configuration and maintenance of the hardware and software environment to ensure a secure and usable environment for all workstations.
• Coordinate repairs for computer and peripheral hardware/software, consultation and basic end user training on hardware and software issues.
• Ensure that all interactions are provided with exceptional customer service.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce.
This position is eligible for full:
1) Health/Dental/Vision insurance.
2) Life Insurance
3) UC Retirement Plan.
4) Vacation/holidays (15 vacation days & 13 paid holidays a year).
For more information about UCSD Benefits visit here and UCSD Work/Life visit here.
To calculate an approximate value of the UC Total Compensation package, please click here.
A Bachelor's Degree in related area; and/or equivalent experience/training.
Experience providing technical support for computing systems running a variety of operating systems, including: Windows, MacOS, iOS, Windows Mobile, Android, as well as experience supporting wireless mobile devices such as Smart Phones, Tablets, and other systems.
Demonstrated ability to resolve software, hardware, and connectivity issues.
Proven analytical skills to research and recognize problems, present alternatives; implement creative solutions and follow through to ensure effective quality control for areas of responsibility.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to work in a variety of settings and deal effectively with diverse populations and personalities.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
Experience conducting escalated, broad technical support including hardware and software tests, analyzing test results and producing reports of conclusions and recommendations.
- Job offer is contingent upon a satisfactory clearance based on background check results.