Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 12/7/2020. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The Practice Director, Gastroenterology and Hepatology (GI/HEP) is responsible for the service line administration and operations of UC San Diego Health comprehensive clinical programs (Ambulatory, Outreach and Inpatient). Direct responsibilities include operational & strategic oversight of all GI/HEP associated ambulatory clinics throughout the UC San Diego Health system. In addition, the Director will have shared direct oversight of the Care Navigation Triage, Care Coordination and Scheduling operations. Expectations to ensure collaboration occurs directly with the Operations Director of Care Navigation Hub to execute standardized operations and practices that are in alignment with Physician Group best practice. In addition, the GI/HEP Director will work collaboratively with the Perioperative Director of GI/Hep Services, which includes interventional endoscopy, diagnostic Gastroenterology and Hepatology operations to ensure optimal service line care coordination is achieved.
This position maintains responsibility for strategic planning, patient experience, financial management, capital equipment planning, process improvement, human resource management and policy procedure compliance. This position serves as principle liaison to Department of Medicine, Medical Center and Physician Group departments. The director maintains a strong working knowledge of directives and guidelines related to billing compliance, payer regulations, and specialty specific initiatives.
Ambulatory Admin Mgr 2: Directs the operations and program planning for healthcare clinics and/or centers; develops plans to optimize practices and resources, people, space, time, and equipment.
- Designs and oversees a financial process that provides a comprehensive view of current and forecasted service line performance, to include revenues, costs, industry trends, and reimbursements. Ensures an infrastructure for central coordination of the clinics and/or centers financial operating budgets. Reviews and approves fiscal planning proposals for newn programs and budgets.
- Directs the clinical and operational functions and staff. Recommends allocation of staff, space, equipment, and other resources to optimize the delivery of clinical services. Oversees implementation of quality improvement plans. Ensures compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- Reviews and approves proposals for facilities expansion, satellite development, construction, space planning, capital equipment requests, and staffing needs. Researches and prepare proposals for expansion, satellite development, construction and space planning.
- Responsible for employee recruitment, performance evaluation, progressive discipline, and staff development. Works collaboratively with Labor Relations on bargaining unit issues and contract negotiations at the local level.
- Analyzes functionality, quality, and efficiency of information systems from a best practices standpoint. Creates and utilizes analytics to track and assess clinic performance. Proposes modifications or new systems as needed.
- Develops and implements patient service standards and metrics, based on best practices. Develops managers to create a workplace culture with a focus on service excellence and employee empowerment for creativity, efficiency, engagement, quality of care, ingenuity, safety, and innovations in operations.
- Develops processes and analytics to assure viability of existing programs and practice patterns, and optimize productivity, Reviews and approves proposals for operational performance improvement projects that impact marketability.
- Assure internal policies and external regulations are followed across the clinic organization in regards to billing and coding practices and cash handling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Five or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong health care clinic/ health center management experience, with progressive expertise in medical practice management, scheduling, customer-service methods, incident reporting, regulatory compliance, accreditation requirements, information technology, and the policies, principles, best practices, and standards involved with effective clinic administration.
- Advanced degree in Health Administration, finance or related field.
- Ten or more years of relevant experience, including progressive management experience in ambulatory clinic operations.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification or training, and proven change management experience.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must pass physical, drug screen and TB test.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.