UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 09/18/2020 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 09/30/2020. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Sr. Project Manager independently leads and directs multiple projects and/or programs of medium to large size and complexity. Plans, manages and evaluates cross-functional/cross-organizational systems, develop/implement projects with high risk/impact financial, operational or legal implications. Anticipates project or program risks and plans with appropriate action to avoid or mitigate risks to project schedules, budget, deliverables, quality and staffing. Provides leadership and decision making ability where competing interests and priorities involve the highest levels of management.
- Manage all aspects of the project and program life cycle (PLC).
- Utilize broad technical knowledge of IT disciplines, specialized knowledge of the organization’s mission/business needs, and the healthcare industry in general to manage large-scale projects and programs effectively.
- Conduct assigned projects/programs in accordance with PMO project and program management methodology, approved plans and stakeholder expectations; uses and coaches others on the PMO’s project and program management methodology /tools.
- Directs and coordinates activities supporting multiple smaller projects with multiple project managers. Provides hands-on leadership and process subject matter expertise to project/program teams and senior level management.
- Develop and maintain project schedule using PMIS tools, (e.g. MS Project, Clarity, Service Now) to include WBS, task dependencies, durations, resource assignments, and critical path.
- Ensures appropriate project governance is in place and used (e.g. project steering committee, change control, baseline management).
- Manage schedule of Site Acquisition and Construction deliverables and coordinate with Facilities Planning Project Lead to ensure timely deliverables for the assigned project(s).
- Manage site selection from a Real Estate viewpoint while coordinating with the Design, Zoning, Engineering and Construction Management Teams.
- Travel to sites and work in client designated areas as required.
- Attend project and deployment meetings.
- Oversee project financials, including managing billing and receivable process.
- Monitor progress of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Build and maintain superior client relations.
Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
Three (3) or more years of relevant experience – project management, project management applications (e.g. Clarity, ServiceNow), and/or IS technical support. IS technology and IS construction/Facilities.
Applied knowledge of project management best practices and frameworks such as PMI’s Body of Knowledge or System Development Life Cycle.
Demonstrated Healthcare and/or IT industry experience.
Professional experience and proven success managing technical projects.
Requires effective communication and organization skills.
Able to read and understand blueprints strongly preferred.
Have a good familiarity of industry standards.
CAPM, PMP or PgMP Project Management Institute certification and/or other formal project management training.
Experience with large, academic medical center IS projects.
Experience with large biomedical equipment deployments in a hospital setting.
Vendor management experience.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.