This position will remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 01/17/2020 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 01/28/2020. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The Manager of Provider Enrollment reports to the Assistant Director of Operations Support and is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing the daily activities of the team responsible for the accurate and timely enrollment of UCSD providers with both governmental and commercial payers for purposes of claims submission. The Manager must have a thorough understanding of the entire revenue cycle process and will serve as the Clinical Practice Organization's representative between providers, hospital departments, contracting, marketing, medical staff administration and the health plans.
A Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare administration or related area; and/or equivalent experience/training.
Five (5+) or more years of relevant experience coordinating provider enrollment and credentialing activities in a medical group.
Superb customer service skills.
Strong proficiency with MS Office Products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Effective analytical skills with ability to assess and identify potential risks associated with the provider enrollment process.
Ability to effectively supervise and prioritize activities of subordinate staff, and to manage complex workflow and multiple priorities involved with billing and/or collections operations.
Clear communication skills, both oral and written, to be able to effectively manage a team and to work with staff, faculty and outside organizations.
Demonstrated ability to use independent judgement and manage confidential information.
- Certification through NAMSS as Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) and/or Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSM).
- Comprehensive and thorough understanding of all elements of provider enrollment in federal programs and delegated credentialing necessary to support these processes with both governmental and commercial payers.
- Understanding of revenue cycle processes including how provider enrollment impacts revenue.
- Six Sigma or other LEAN Management Training.
- Epic Certification.
- A Master's Degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field.
- Seven (7+) plus years experience coordinating provider enrollment and credentialing activities in a large, multi-specialty medical group.
- Three (3+) plus years experience in a management role.
- Experience conducting and managing payer credentialing audits according to industry standard guidelines such as NCQS, TJC, CMS, DMHC, DHCS and state requirements and regulations.
- Experience with Epic, MS Access, MS Visio, Morrisey and/or other credentialing applications.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.