The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic have impacted UC San Diego Campus hiring. UCSD Campus will continue to recruit for essential positions and we ask for your understanding and patience with our application process during this unprecedented time. For more information regarding steps we are taking to keep applicants and staff safe during this time, please click here.
UC San Diego Policy will not allow this position to receive work visa sponsorship.
UCSD is a dynamic organization looking for our next great hire to join our team in La Jolla, California. UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. UCSD IT embraces the fun, agility and innovation of a startup culture while enjoying the security of having technology already deployed with a large and rapidly growing customer base. This is a rare chance to take your career to the next level in one of today's hottest tech industries.
We are looking for a talented Business Systems Analyst 4 to join our team to deliver world class applications to the University environment. You will be working with a smart team of business experts, engineers, PM’s on the University’s new Oracle Financial and Budgeting Systems. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are core values at UC San Diego and within Information Technology Services. Crafting a culture around these values allows us to more deeply connect with and appreciate our employees, students, and campus partners. Information Technology Services is continuously working to build a community where we all feel safe, empowered, and encouraged to bring our authentic selves to work. We do this not only because it is what’s right, but because we know that diversity drives insight and innovation. We are proud to partner closely UC San Diego’s Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as their dedication to this mission helps us all to drive change.
This position is responsible for interfacing with business units and stakeholders to maintain, integrate, enhance and support the delivery of complex, highly integrated information systems supporting finance, expense, accounting, and budget processes at the University. As a Business Systems Analyst on Financial Information Services team, incumbent will be focused primarily on gathering functional and technical requirements by understanding complex business processes, and designing solutions leveraging multiple commercial off-the-shelf and custom developed solutions. This position will be the lead for Oracle budgeting system configuration for the Campus, leads design work, provides analysis and implements all configurations of the UCSD budget system. Mentor other team members in Oracle configuration, quickly learn each business area, provide analysis and design for business design, then configure Oracle to meet the requirements.
- Support Oracle Enterprise Planning & Budgeting Cloud Services (EPBCS) design & configuration.
- Performs highly complex analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system and process requirement specifications.
- Develop business process test cases and support integrated function testing.
- Support data validation, testing, and log defects; provide metrics as needed.
- Perform business process analysis and provide solutions to business challenges.
- Design, document and refine future state processes with Subject Matter Experts.
Research inquiries from Subject Matter Experts.
Employee must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Employee must be available to travel as required.
- Advanced knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
- Knowledge relating to the design of processes and software across the organization.
- Experience with environment & release management as it relates to configuration of vended platforms.
- Experience working with specific vended solutions: Oracle Financial Cloud (ERP, EPBCS, EDMCS, ARCS), including analyzing, designing and implementation.
- Understanding and skill in complex process and systems requirement documentation standards, such as Use Case modeling, User Story creations and narrative description.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Interpersonal and communications skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Job offer is contingent on clear background check.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce.
This position is eligible for full benefits first day of hire:
a) Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
b) Vacation/holidays (15 vacation days & 13 paid holidays a year)
c) Work/Life Balance
d) Life insurance
e) UC Retirement Plan
f) Pet Insurance
For more information about UCSD Benefits please click here
and visit UCSD Work/Life.
To calculate an approximate value of the UC Total Compensation package, please click here.