UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 11/29/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under general supervision, the Supervisor is responsible and accountable for the administration and coordination of daily operations, including oversight of all sterile processing assets/central services, access to services, staffing, and quality control. Manages the inventory of surgical instruments including borrowed items, repairs, replacements, acquisitions, upgrades and transport. Ensures the provision of patient care equipment and surgical supplies to surgeons and operating room clinical staff according to daily schedules.
Responsible for the sterile processing functions of all surgical instruments including: collection, decontamination, assembly, sterilization, high-level disinfection and distribution in accordance with regulatory requirements. Works collaboratively with other departments and units to ensure efficient, safe and effective instrument and equipment availability. Acts as department representative and liaison to outside resources, and represents department throughout the facility. Responsible for staff orientation, training, competencies, and compliance.
Provides on-going and effective communication with physicians, hospital/clinic department management, staff and vendor representatives. Demonstrates competence in the UCSD Health System Core Values. Performs other related functions as required.
- Graduation from college with a major in an applicable natural science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of SPD/Central Services operations experience in a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Previous lead or supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of current sterile processing techniques and regulatory requirements.
- Highly developed leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with physicians and vendors.
- Ability to assist the manager with daily SPD/Central Services operations including staffing, regulatory compliance, vendor relations, procurement, process improvement, and performance evaluation.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- Familiar with UCSD policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.