This posting shall remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 10/27/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under general supervision, will perform a full range of duties in the Outpatient Pavillion
pharmacy setting. Assists the pharmacist in the preparation of medications (including
antineoplastics/ chemotherapy) for patient use for IV sterile compounding preparation &
administration in accordance to established procedures under USP<797 / HSP800, assist in the
distributions of medications via Pyxis Med Station A Stations; maintains skills applicable to all information systems within the pharmacy, maintain inventory levels; and perform other duties as assigned. Will perform assigned operational duties in a scheduled area and will assist pharmacists in completing medication orders and related distribution duties in the assigned area.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
- Pharmacy Technician License issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in project management/system responsibility (e.g. Pyxis, narcotic control, QI, or pharmacy buyer/biller/analyst); OR is a Pharmacy School graduate; OR expanded responsibilities over several areas OR possess a Pharmacy Intern License.
- Ability to manage assigned workload within deadlines.
- Ability to work in a self-directed work team environment and function effectively in a high-volume, multiple demand environments.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing and be able to articulate complex ideas for all levels of audiences.
- Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas; and a creative and flexible individual who is comfortable working in a large, complex organization.
- Possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, discriminating judgment and accountability.
- Previous IV & Chemo experience.
- Wholesaler ordering.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Hours are variable (8 to 10 hours shifts).
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.