Under the direction of a RN/NP /Physician this position provides direct patient care to patients during clinic visits and procedures within the scope of practice of a medical assistant. The services provided to patients include all infertility, OB and GYN and some urology services and procedures to women. Ability to provide direct support to providers, during procedures in OB/GYN ad infertility is needed. This position works independently and in a team to provide clinic services. This position primarily works Monday -Friday 8-5 pm and some Wednesday evenings till 8pm and rotates working 2-4 hours on some weekends and holidays as needed for urgent services.
This position provides MA support for the weekend infertility clinic at Perlman, Women’s Health Services at Villa la Jolla, Hillcrest MOS, Director's Place and Women’s Pelvic Medicine at Chancellor Park.
This position will remain open until a successful candidate has been identified.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) OR Certificate of completion of a Medical Assistant training program.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- Two (2) years of experience minimum as an MA in an acute care facility or Ob/Gyn.
- One (1) year of procedure, reception, authorizations, and referrals experience.
- Medical terminology training or certificate.
- Experience in women's health and infertility services.
- Experience working in a high volume outpatient setting.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.