Under direct and constant supervision performs specimen processing, accessioning, phlebotomy, heel and finger sticks, customer service, clerical duties, effective communication with laboratory customers, problem resolution, record keeping, supply inventory and maintenance, as well as cleaning and maintaining a safe work environment. Additional duties will include operation of instruments, preventative maintenance as appropriate to each section/dept assigned. Performs all duties in a manner consistent with current laboratory safety standards
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT).
- Knowledge of Hospital Isolation, Infection Control protocols, patient comfort/safety, medical terminology.
- Have knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skills/knowledge in basic collection and specimen preparation, storage and disposal of specimen.
- Knowledge of laboratory regulations, laws, and ethical requirements.
- Two (2) years of hospital experience.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.