UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 12/01/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Working under direct supervision, the Sterile Processing Tech is responsible and accountable for all activities and competencies related to sterile processing. Ensures that instrumentation and equipment needed for surgery and various medical exams has been sterilized and assembled in accordance with regulatory guidelines and hospital policy. Ensures compliance with all record keeping requirements. Assists with ordering and procuring equipment and instrumentation as needed. Job standards are to be performed at the PRACTITIONER level.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- High School Diploma or GED, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
- Must have two (2) years of recent experience in a similar role and setting.
- Knowledge of effective inventory storage and retrieval practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of sterilization process of surgical instruments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of surgical procedures, instrumentation, and equipment.
- Sterile Processing Tech Certification.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.