This posting shall remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 11/09/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under general supervision of a Senior Supervisor CLS, perform independently a wide variety of technical procedures in a section of the Department Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Other responsibilities include method development-modification-parallel testing, collaboration on or independent preparation of abstracts or manuscripts, repair of laboratory instruments, sample processing, reagent preparation, data entry and phlebotomy duties All Clinical Laboratory Scientists may process specimens, perform waived and non-waived testing without direct and constant supervision, and report results without supervisor or director review for the tests that are within their scope of licensure and for which they have been trained and deemed competent.
- Must have current Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or appropriate sub-specialty license issued by the State of California, Department of Public Health.
- Must have two (2) years of applicable clinical laboratory experience.
- Experience in a lab environment which may have possible exposure to biological, chemical, and radioactive hazards.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, discriminating judgment and accountability.
- Ability to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Molecular experience.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.