Qualified candidates will be placed into a talent pool for future consideration. If a short term or part time job opportunity opens that you are qualified for, you may be contacted.
Working under direct supervision, incumbent performs routine radiographic and fluoroscopic exams using fixed and portable imaging equipment throughout General Diagnostic Radiology, in accordance with established guidelines and protocols. Demonstrates and applies knowledge of principles of radiation safety. Prepares and positions patient for procedure by using established protocols to achieve the highest quality image. Follows protocols specified by the Radiologist. Enters complex data into the computer system. Reviews, verifies and evaluates images and radiographs to ensure technical quality and image quality. Demonstrates effective communication and conflict resolution techniques with patients, coworkers, physicians and all other health care members. Other duties as assigned.
- California Radiology Technologist – Radiography (CRT-R).
- Must obtain California Radiology Technologist - Fluoroscopy (CRT-F) within 6 months of hire.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within 6 months of hire date.
- Recent experience or new graduate of an approved radiologic technology program.
- Knowledge of radiological computerized systems and applications.
- Possess the skills, knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
- Six (6) months experience working in a hospital setting.
- An understanding of various radiological systems to include PACS and RIS.
- Must be able to work various hours and location based on business needs.
This is not an actual position. This is only for future consideration.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.