This posting shall remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 10/31/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under general direction of Psychiatry Leadership, provides social work services consisting of discharge planning, continuing care services and clinical social work services, including crisis intervention, mandated reporting, information and referral coordination of health and mental health services with community providers. The social worker is responsible for education and advocacy of patients, families and/or significant others. Completes assessments on Behavioral Health Units within 72 hours, completes weekly and discharge process notes and has the ability to case find.
- Three (3) years post MSW experience.
- A Master's degree from an accredited school of social work and possession of the requirements necessary for application for licensure as a clinical social worker as determined by the California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners.
- CCS paneled and oriented to CCS social work requirements for service and documentation.
- Inpatient psychiatric setting.
- Knowledge of community resources & legal processes for involuntary psychiatric patients.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) issued by the state of California.
- DSM V diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric conditions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.