This posting shall remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 10/06/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under general supervision, responsible for provision and documentation of medications and medication-related services to patients, according to standards established by the Department of Pharmacy. Serve as preceptor to pharmacy residents and students as assigned. Participate in Medical Center and Departmental committees and promote institution-wide medication use policy.
This position will review and verify chemotherapy regimens and oversee chemotherapy admixtures. Serve as a preceptor to pharmacy residents and students as assigned; participate in Medical Center, Cancer Center and Department of Pharmacy committees and promote institution-wide medication use policy. Provide progressive pharmaceutical care services for the oncology patients. Must be able to supervise pharmacy technicians.
- Registered Pharmacist license issued by the state of California (RPH).
- Doctorate of Pharmacy degree or equivalent clinical experience.
- Pharmacy residency or equivalent clinical experience.
- Knowledge of pharmacy state and federal regulations.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and counseling skills.
- Experience in the area of hematology and/or oncology.
- Must have knowledge of solid tumors and common treatments.
- Must be able to educate, monitor, order, and follow labs for patients on oral chemotherapy regimens.
- PGY2 Oncology Residency.
- Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP).
- Prior experience in Inpatient pharmacy or Ambulatory Infusion Center setting.
- Prior experience in Oncology Retail Pharmacy setting.
- Criminal background check.
- Pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and various locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center's business needs.
- Must be willing to rotate to all pharmacy areas/sites.
- Hours are variable (8 to 10 hours shifts) including every other weekend and rotating holidays (up to every other), coverage for sick calls and vacation.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.