Under the direct supervision of a Clinic Manager and Medical Director in Dermatology,the Vocational Nurse performs a wide variety of patient care activities and assist with procedures in support of clinic activity. This includes prioritizing and assisting in patient triage processing, preparation and assistance with patient examinations, administering medications, drawing blood, collecting and preparing laboratory tests, and patient education. Position requires initiative, able to prioritize critical demands and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) issued by the state of California.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- Knowledge of universal precautions and proper use of body mechanics.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize critical demands and work in a team environment.
- One (1) year of Ambulatory outpatient clinic experience.
- Previous experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Phlebotomy certification.
- Dermatology or Surgical experience.
- Must be able to work various hours & locations based on business needs.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.