This posting shall remain open until filled.
Responsible for Physical Therapy patient service delivery including evaluation and treatment of routine patients. Completes required documentation and communicates patient information across the continuum of care. Participates in training and program development, represents the department to the medical and general community. Demonstrates competence in the UCSD Health core values.
- Physical Therapist (PT) license issued by the state of California.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Physical Therapy approved by the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association, eligibility for registration by the National Registry of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Up to two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience in a hospital setting.
- One to three (1-3) years of experience as a licensed PT in a hospital setting.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- May flex and float between sites as needed.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.