This posting shall remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 09/11/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Incumbent performs general radiographic and fluoroscopic exams using fixed and portable imaging equipment throughout General Diagnostic Radiology. Contributes to and participates in work organization, training and evaluation of staff as a member of self-directed work teams. Demonstrates and applies knowledge of principles in radiation safety.
Demonstrates skills and knowledge via competency exams in all general diagnostic procedures. Must follow radiology digital imaging protocols and policies. Demonstrates knowledge of computers and new technology such as Picture Archival Computer System (PACS), Computed Radiography (CR) and Digital Radiography (DR). Working knowledge of Radiology Information Systems (RIS), and Hospital Information Systems (HIS). Additionally, will assist Diagnostic Manager is day to day operational oversight, personnel issues consisting of hiring, evaluating, scheduling, coaching and performing corrective action. Will assist department in performance improvement activities to comply with patient care standards and TJC (The Joint Commission) requirements. Assists with departmental enhancements and program development related to facilities improvement, coding, billing and reimbursement.
- California Radiology Technologist of Fluoroscopy (CRT-F).
- California Radiology Technologist of Radiography (CRT-R).
- Registered Technologist for Radiography issued by ARRT (R.T(R)(ARRT)).
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- Must have at least two years of experience at a supervisory level.
- PACS, Operating Room, Fluoroscopy, Diagnostic, Computer knowledge.
- Five (5) years of experience as a radiologic technologist, PACS, Operating Room, Fluoroscopy, and portables.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, which may include evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and call (diagnostic and/or surgery) and some overtime if necessary for unexpected staffing issues.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.