This posting shall remain open until filled.
Under general supervision of a Senior Supervisor CLS, perform independently a wide variety of technical procedures in a section of the Department Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Other responsibilities include method development-modification-parallel testing, collaboration on or independent preparation of abstracts or manuscripts, repair of laboratory instruments, sample processing, reagent preparation, data entry and phlebotomy duties.
- Current Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or appropriate subspecialty license issued by the State of California, Department of Public Health.
- Must have at least two (2) years of applicable clinical laboratory experience.
- Must be a self-starter requiring minimal direction and supervision.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two (2) years of blood bank experience.
- Must be able to work all shifts, week-ends, holidays, overtime, and at various locations as necessary in accordance with operational needs.
- Periodically, maybe assigned to work at alternative work location (e.g., La Jolla).
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.