UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 05/14/2021 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 05/25/2021. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The Staff Pharmacist II, under general supervision, is responsible for provision and documentation of medications and medication-related services to patients, according to standards established by the Department of Pharmacy. The primary role of the Staff Pharmacist II in the PMAC is the protocol-mediated processing of prescription renewals and prior authorization requests for Primary Care clinics at UC San Diego Health.
The pharmacist will supervise pharmacy technicians in the quality review of prescription processing and perform final assessment and approval/refusal of requests. They will also assist pharmacy technicians in clinical assessment of prior authorization requests as needed and appropriate. Other roles may include value-based outcome laboratory monitoring, medication and lab order synchronization, pharmacy student and/or resident teaching and mentorship, and general clinical support for providers.
Doctorate of Pharmacy Degree; or equivalent clinical experience.
Registered Pharmacist license issued by the state of California (RPH).
Pharmacy residency or equivalent clinical experience.
- Board Certification in Ambulatory Care Pharmacy (BCACP).
- Previous experience working in Primary Care and/or Community Pharmacy, with training in processing prescriptions and prior authorizations.
- Background and experience operating prescription renewal and prior authorization pharmacy services.
- Knowledge and experience with organizing quality improvement initiatives and presenting findings to leadership.
- Previous experience in precepting and mentoring pharmacy students and residents is desirable.
- Experience with Epic EHR functionality.
- Must be able to work various hours, shifts and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.