Remaining shifts available in La Jolla as of 5/14/2021
Under supervision, provides support to the surgical patient and operating room team by performing standard and complex activities related to and directly involving anesthesia care. Assists with airway management, physiologic monitoring, and the placement of invasive lines. In addition, performs routine maintenance and safety checks of equipment, troubleshooting, cleaning and disinfecting equipment. Exhibits professionalism in patient and staff interactions. Precepts,
assists, and trains new Anesthesia Monitoring staff. Operates rapid infusion devices and cell saver devices in operating room. Operates TEE and Balloon Pump. Performs all other duties as assigned.
BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
Experience with Rapid Infusion Devices and Blood Salvaging Devices (Cell Saver) used in procedures.
Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and principles of anesthesia technology. Independent judgment skills is required for rapid response to the quickly changing circumstances in the patient care environment.
Proficient in the application, acquisition, preparation, and troubleshooting of various types of equipment required for the delivery of anesthesia care.
Skills working with trauma, transplant, and cardiac procedures.
- Completion of a anesthesia program from an accredited institution.
- Certified Anesthesia Technologist issued by ASATT (Cer.A.T.T.)
- Two (2) years of experience as an Anesthesia Technician.
- Experience with Echocardiography (TEE) and Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump used in procedures.
- Experience working with trauma patients.
- Experience with cardiac devices.
- Must be able to work various times and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.