This position will remain open until a successful candidate has been identified.
Join our growing and thriving Population Health Care Team! This is an exciting opportunity for a driven, enthusiastic RN Case Manager Lead/Supervisor looking to grow in a leadership role. Reporting to the Assistant Director, Care Management/Population Health Care Team, this position will manage an excellent interdisciplinary team of RN case managers, social workers and care navigators. Our team cares for the highest risk patients with home and clinic visits and telephonically. We are looking for the right manager who can grow this team and take it to the next level.
The Manager of Care Management/Population Health Care supervises staff responsible for population health case management. Schedules joint home and clinic visits with staff as necessary. Oversees and coordinates department operations, schedules staff to ensure adequate coverage, resolves system issues, advises on work methods, functions as a resource and assists with complex cases and escalated issues. · Coordinates and / or leads case management teams with a variety of clinical and nonclinical staff to review specific cases, develop alternative treatment plans, and evaluate options for quality and efficiency along the full continuum of care.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports data on case management processes and results, including quality of patient care, clinical and social-service outcomes, discharge planning, referrals, cost and utilization data, resource management, and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborates with management on operational and performance issues and the development of new plans and programs to improve case management systems and processes across the spectrum of care coordination services.
- Evaluates subordinate staff and participates in decision-making on hiring, salary actions, terminations, performance ratings, and other human resources matters.
- Pursues professional development and facilitates access to ongoing training, staff development, and educational opportunities for subordinate staff.
- Ensures adequate orientation, training, and mentoring of new staff.
- Keeps staff and patient care teams informed of changes and updates in processes, technology, regulations, and quality standards.
- Implements new methods, systems, and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related area, and/or equivalent combination of experience / training.
- Minimum five (5) years of RN experience.
- Prior Case Management experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of leadership/supervisory/management experience.
- Experience and proven success in ability to effectively supervise a team and to manage the complex workflow and multiple priorities involved with care coordination and case management.
- Previous management experience.
- Master’s degree in nursing.
- Previous Managed Care experience.
- Previous ACO (Accountable Care Organization) experience.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.