This posting shall remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 10/11/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under general direction from the Director of Patient Access and the Clinic Medical Directors for the Multi - Specialty Clinics the Clinic Operations Manager works in concert with nurse managers by leading the administrative, financial, and business management of the oncology multi-specialty clinics. Plans, develops, and manages administrative and programmatic operations, to include patient access and patient experience, human resource management, process improvement, facilities management, regulatory compliance, billing, revenue capture, and preparation and management of budgets and financial reports. Develops dashboards reports, and templates for daily management; responsible for a full range of human resource processes, including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, staff development and disciplinary actions. Advises directors on issues related to budget goals and objectives, and recommends solutions. Analyzes data, projects trends, and assesses target performance. Collaborate closely with EPIC team, Patient Access Services at UCSD, Medical Group Business and Health Services Contracting to monitor productivity and maximize reimbursement. Manages patient and clinic access and clinic staff under direct supervision of managers, supervisors, or leads. Presents utilization data and facilitates clinic access requests for current and new faculty and APP staff, under the supervision of the Director of Patient Access and Clinical Operations and the Medical Directors of the multi-specialty clinics at Moore’s Cancer Center. Performs other related functions as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years management-level experience in a healthcare environment.
- Experience must include planning, developing and managing administrative and programmatic operations, fiscal oversight.
- Extensive experience in personnel management.
- Experience with various financial planning and budgeting software, including EPSI.
- Experience with EPIC financial systems.
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Access).
- Proven decision making, problem solving and prioritizing skills.
- Comprehensive and thorough understanding of all elements of healthcare delivery, including transplant services, strategy development, business planning, operations, and financial issues including transplant cost accounting.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Five (5)+ years experience in oncology.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.