The Director of Quality for Ambulatory Care directs and coordinates quality activities within Ambulatory Care Services. This position reports directly to the Chief Quality Officer, and secondarily to the Chief Operating Officer of the Clinical Practice Organization. The Director is responsible for providing effective leadership and program direction system-wide related to Ambulatory Care quality and regulatory requirements. Assists with coordination of infection prevention and patient safety management functions. Possesses managerial, team building and communication skills in leading a diverse group of individuals in performing a variety of functions. Works with all Medical Staff Services, Nursing, and Allied Health and/or Support services and ambulatory clinics to ensure successful resolution and outcome. Acts as an information resource for committees, clinics, provides departments, as well as integration of ancillary and medical staff. Assures that an effective educational program exists within Ambulatory Services that will demonstrate professional competency. Serves as a change agent, demonstrates strong leadership and professionalism in dealing with all levels at UC San Diego Health. Performs other related functions as required.
- Experience leading quality improvement efforts in an ambulatory care setting, evidenced by successful results.
- Working knowledge of current quality initiatives in healthcare, particularly medical practices.
- Seven (7) years quality management and performance improvement experience in a complex healthcare organization.
- Knowledge of TJC, State, Center of Medicare/Medicaid Services, Managed Care and other external regulatory agencies.
- Strong computer, data analyst and project management skills.
- Expert knowledge of health care and industry trends.
- Proven skills to identify and comprehend opportunities for quality improvement and patient safety.
- Strong managerial, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in health-related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clinical background as a nurse or other direct patient care provider.
- MHA, MBA, MPH, MSN or equivalent advanced degree with relevant experience.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) highly desired.
- Experience in an academic medical center.
- Must be willing to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.