This posting shall remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 09/15/2017 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under general supervision, the Privacy Program Analyst is responsible for incident investigation and management. Investigate privacy incident and reported events; develop recommendations regarding incidents and events. Independently conduct preliminary assessments of potential or actual privacy incidents on behalf of the Privacy Program. In collaboration with the Privacy Program Manager, conduct an initial risk assessment, compile chronological event sequence, prepare and summarize interview notes, document the investigation and assessment, and summarize the outcome for each assigned event.
Independently investigate issues, evaluate practices versus current privacy policies and laws, and recommend solutions to reduce risks. Manage multiple complex assigned projects in a timely, efficient and well-organized manner and ensure that any written material and correspondence are accurate. Serve as the Program's database administrator which involves information management, storage, retrieval, issue tracking, and summary reports. Represent the Privacy Program as requested during investigation meetings, committee, taskforce meetings, training and presentations, based on organizational needs.
Responsible for privacy surveillance of electronic medical record systems using programs and software. Ensures privacy monitoring is performed effectively and timely; follows established procedures in accordance with data security standards; utilizes various systems to perform routine and complaint driven privacy surveillance; updates and maintains privacy files and spreadsheets.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience as privacy analyst in a healthcare setting.
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience and proven success in federal and state laws pertaining to privacy and information security (including HIPAA, the Information Practices Act, and Confidentiality of Medical Information Act) and medical center policies.
- Certification in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC) from (HCCA) or commitment to obtain CHPC within 12 months of hire (Must maintain CHPC for the duration of employment) preferred.
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS).
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Expert level of Microsoft Office applications, including SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
This posting has been modified as of 10/20/17, and reposted.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must pass physical, drug screen and TB test.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.