UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment or Special Selection: Apply by 11/4/13 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible ACCES or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for Special Selection.
- Answers multiple telephone lines with accuracy and clarity with emphasis placed on quality Customer Service.
- Adheres to the established scheduling protocols and telephone scripting and behavioral standards.
- Interviews customer via telephone to obtain demographic and financial information necessary to secure patient account.
- Completes registration for new or previously registered patients, timely and accurately.
- Registers bulk accounts as needed.
- Verifies insurance eligibility for outpatient services on all Third Party Payers.
- Utilizes various automated eligibility systems to obtain basic eligibility information.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with patient/clinic staff when services are deemed unauthorized.
- Advises patient of clinic deposit requirements based upon UCSD Medical Group Financial Policy.
- Researches and responds to patient basic billing inquiries, assists with resolution of minor billing problems.
- Refers patient to appropriate agency/resource for financial assistance.
- Refers patient to alternate source of healthcare when appropriate.
- Maintains workstation in an organized manner as outlines by management to facilitate efficient and effective retrieval of information.
- Reads and adheres to policy changes within Registration and Scheduling.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings, sharing information and ideas with co-workers to maintain and environment conducive to learning and supports cohesive team atmosphere.
- Previous directly related Call Center experience in a large complex healthcare setting.
- Experience with patient check-in and cash handling.
- IDX, PCIS and EPIC trained.
- Experience updating Registration.
- Possess demonstrated knowledge of third party payors including federal, state, and private health plans.
- Possess demonstrates problem solving ability by using good judgment and applying these skills to assist customers and ensure customers' expectations are met.
- Possess demonstrated computer skills and be able to work between multiple systems during calls.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Be willing to work overtime/variable shifts to meet the needs of the department.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas; and a creative and flexible individual who is comfortable working in a large, complex organization.
- Possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, discriminating judgment and accountability.
- Orthopaedic practice background
University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Health System is the only university-based medical facility in San Diego, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. We have two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Center, the Sulpizio Family Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest is also a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. U.S. News and World Report’s 2010-2011 annual "America’s Best Hospitals" report ranks UC San Diego Health System among the best in the nation in five specialty areas: Diabetes & Endocrinology, Geriatrics, Orthopedics, Psychiatry, and Pulmonary. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health System is an Equal Opportunity / Staff Affirmative Action Employer that values a diverse workforce.